Projects

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Looking Back, Looking Forwards

I realized today that I've been posting on this blog for 6 months now. I thought I'd share some of my thoughts about it. First I think that my original goal of motivating myself has been met. Second my focus has definitely changed over that time. Getting a new job ate into a lot of the time I expected to have and I had to scale back my plans. On the plus side sculpting, with it's built in stops to let the putty dry, fits perfectly into my schedule. Plus I've found that I really enjoy it.

I also came to realize that the part of the hobby I like the best is the storytelling. I'm not a skilled writer so the best way I have of creating a world and showing others is with miniatures. While I enjoy playing games I'm perfectly satisfied with shaping a world that others might enjoy or play in.

Looking ahead I guess more of the same for the near future. More sculpting updates and I think I might try to tell a little more of the background I'm coming up with for my creations to live in. I'm excited to see where the next 6 months take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...