Projects

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Gug

I'm not really happy with a setting unless it can feature huge monsters fighting with giant robots. So it was inevitable that I was going to add some creatures to my steampunk setting.

The Gug is a classic if lesser known creature from the Cthulhu mythos. I've always liked the distinctive and very alien arms on them. I wanted the creatures in my setting to have that same bizarre, alien feel without looking too extraterrestrial. More warped and beyond human imagination instead of creature feature or men from Mars.

My designs are strongly influenced by Guy Davis's artwork on BPRD. A must read as far as I'm concerned. And of course by Mike Mignola and Hellboy. My Gug is inspired by the creature that attacks Seattle in the epilogue of the first BPRD: Hell on Earth arc.

Sketch of Gug creature seen in Delhi during the Mutiny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...