Projects

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Silver Tower Skaven


My wife and I actually got to play a demo of Silver Tower at our Local Friendly Game Store about a month ago. We both really enjoyed playing. I really liked the basic mechanic for the heroes of rolling a dicepool at the beginning of your turn. You use these to perform different actions. The more powerful actions like a big attack require you to spend a better die result. I was playing the dark elf and he could make his basic attack by spending any die (1 or better) but his big stabby attack needed a 4+ and for his crazy teleport move of doom you needed a die with a 6. You lose dice from your pool if you're hurt meaning you can do less actions but there is also a Fate pool that everybody can take dice out of to use as well. I thought it was a really nice system that was unique to me but very clever and fun.


After playing I started working on the next two figures from the set: the Skaven assassin. They actually represent only one guy and his magical duplicate that he projects in the game. So I painted them exactly the same.

I didn't get to play with my figures but I included the Dark Elf to commemorate the game.


I'll admit I kind of ran out of steam about 80% done and he just kinda languished on the paint table pitifully staring at me with unpainted eyes for weeks.  This weekend I jumped in and finished him off. I kinda rushed the final details but he's done and at this point I'm counting it as a win.


I'm going to put Silver Tower aside for a while as a it looks like I might be playing some games of Team Yankee this summer. I'm going to paint up a force of British to join the NATO forces and hopefully get a chance to bring my airbrush out of storage. I also wanna get back to playing around with some terrain again so that will probably be next.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Brian, amazing sculpts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! I've said it before but the sculpting across the boxset has really impressed me. I was disappointed to see that the sequel doesn't have any original sculpts just repackaging kits they already have out.

      Delete
  2. Excellent work on those guys. That pallid flesh looks the part for a rat. The armors remind me a lot of the bladed weapons in Guild Wars. If this comment goes through it seems all I needed to solve my problem was a new PC :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see you can post again! I ended up with metallic green for the armor since i wanted to keep the traditional warpstone theme to the skaven but have always found the bright glowing green a little too over the top. Of course I'm not sure restraint is the way to go with a guy who has a sword as part of his helmet.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic work! Fear not, the Silver Tower will wait, though it will continue to beckon for the paint brush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry! I'm sure I'll be back to finish the set. After all it's mostly my favorite models left!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...