My test piece hallway is pretty much finished up now. After the previous round of painting I added some work with weathering powders and some new details. The carved out niche got some old candles, and a discarded sword and a bronze urn were placed near the central pillar. The candles were made from pieces of plastic rod, liquid greenstuff added for melted wax and a piece of wire for the wick. The urn was carved from some modelling clay and is a little rough but works alright. The sword was snipped from the Gripping Beast Saxon Thegns plastic set and was hacked up a bit to give it some age.
After the details were added I went to work with my weathering powders. I think the wall turned out alright but I put way too much on the floor. I then ended up going back in to tone the stones and dirt down more, which led to a bit of a downward spiral. Eventually I got it back to something I'm happy with again. After that I slapped some grayish dust on everything and moved on.
|Flooring after lots of cursing and repainting.|
|My wife thinks that it looks like a cat threw up all over the top of it. Hopefully the resemblance will fade in future stages.|
|The underside of the roof section.|
|Corridor with roof removed and a couple of Saxons. So far its not too bad moving them around we'll see if it stays that way when its all done.|
|The whole thing together with a Saxon for scale.|