I actually painted him up last week but a weekend birding trip down to Delaware pushed back getting him photographed and posted. I think with the paintjob the rifle is still big but not as horrible out of scale as it looked in the raw resin. I might look for something else to use as the cabling leading from the backpack however. Maybe a thicker piece of wire or a second one wound around it. All of the guitar strings I have are way to big and besides they are much too hard to manipulate at this scale. I might consider casting a likely hose and try to bend it into shape before the resin cures.
|Better look at the backpack. Just noticed a bubble in the casting at the top of the chimney that I didn't fill.|
Now I just need to finish up the 4 other ones I have. After that I'm thinking of ordering some more of the base miniatures from Khurasan, who just so happens to have released some new WW1 Germans and French that look fantastic.
- Play a game with my SteamWorks guys- Next big push will be to get my terrain boards done and then I should have a good idea where to go from there. Still tentatively scheduled for the end of November.
- Dreadball- I'd still like to get my teams painted up by Christmas when I might be able to get a game in with my brother.
- New Secret Project- This one I just came up with over the past weekend and I've started the initial steps of collecting miniatures and a rough start on the terrain. Keeping this one under-wraps till I have something done on it but it will be in 28mm.
- Robotech- Supposedly this is starting to ship. I haven't really heard any news since the debacle of Palladium selling Robotech at Gen-Con however, so no real idea on whats happening here. I should probably start roughing out some buildings and whatnot to go with this whenever it does arrive.