Wednesday, June 20, 2012

SDE: Kobolds

My first two test paints of kobolds are complete. I originally wanted to do a faux-airbrushed, cell shaded look to complement the anime style of the figures. It didn't work out that well so I fell back to a more traditional look that was heavy on the inks for black lining. It also didn't help that the Vallejo black red I used for the basecoat for their skin was very glossy and made it hard to read the highlights until I got them dull-coated. Well, only like 50 more guys to paint from the set.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...